Our shopping experience is powered by Magento and it has worked very well for us and our customers for years. We’ve built a great community of creative people that use us to buy their fabrics in bulk or to get enough samples to prototype an idea they are working through. We created a website that offers new fabrics regularly and promotes clearance sales on fabrics when needed.
But like all great things there is still room for improvement. The underpinnings of our site are being upgraded to offer you a more streamlined shopping experience. Our site should be faster and you should be able to request more detailed information from more types of products. We are trying to accomplish a few goals with our website update:
- Better product filtering – find a variety of fabrics quicker using known features you want and discover more options that fit your design use case.
- Site navigation improvements – we are hoping to organize our fabric categories to meet your shopping analytics. More meaningful categorization will help you get in, discover, and purchase the fabrics you need.
- Modern UI – we are going to have a brand new fresh design of our site to project the brand and community we have become proud to build with you.
- Upgraded backend indexing – this will allow our products to display in more areas of the internet natively so you can find us and our fabrics from any device
- Mobile friendly – HUGE! Our site is going to be so much more fun to shop on with your cellphone and mobile devices. We hope this means you can find the perfect fabric right when inspiration strikes.
All of these improvements are going to make BigZFabric.com easier to use, navigate, and shop through. We’ve been so happy with our customers all these years and are undertaking this project for all of them as well as all the new customers we hope to reach. If you have any ideas or functions you feel we could include that would be helpful please let us know on Facebook or via email. We’ll keep you posted on our progress and on the official launch date as it gets closer and nearer.
Happy 2017 to all our fabric designers, creators, and idea makers!